Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Traveler

I wrote The Traveler when I was in college. I had just started playing country music with the band Silver Saddle and I wanted to contribute a southern-rock'esque ballad to the new group's line-up of songs. We made two separate recordings of the song with Silver Saddle, but sadly I've lost both copies. Instead, I have this version of the song which I recorded right here in the bonus room studio. Its me playing acoustic guitar, electric guitar and singing. The rest is midi. Not optimal, but it gets the point across.


The lyrics were inspired, in part, by a middle-of-the-night road trip a group of us attempted in or around 1995. We attempted to drive from southwestern Virginia to Nashville, TN starting about 10 at night. We got as far as Knoxville before we were exhausted and tired of the whole idea. We slept there and returned home the next day. Oh well, at least I got a song out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment