Saturday, March 10, 2012

Luck and Gravity



Another new, old song.  Luck and Gravity is a song that I wrote in the late 90s while playing with Silver Saddle.  However, never made it out of the vault until now.  I came across the song the other day and decided to try to work it back up.  The melody line is pretty standard bluegrass but the drums keep the song from leaning too far into that camp.  This song is also played considerably faster than I'd originally intended, but I think it worked out ok. 

This is also my first full session with a new recording program called Reaper.  This gave me a chance to work on my mixing and editing chops...I have a lot of room to improve.  The new software has a ton of bells and whistles, and it will take a lot of practice and recording to get it all figured out.  

Lastly, this is the first song I've recorded since getting my new e-drums. I recorded them as straight audio as opposed to midi for a more realistic effect.  Its been a lot of years since I played drums on a regular basis, so I'm still getting my rhythm back.  I was able to record this drum track in only a couple of takes and with minimal editing, so I feel like I'm on the right track! 

Anyway, enjoy and please provide feedback.  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment